Monday, March 16, 2009

Preperation

Well I got to hang out with a couple of my best friends this week before I leave. Rachel and I went to our friend Megan's wedding shower in Enumclaw...that was an adventure to say the east, we got a little lost along the way. It was great to see Megan...she is getting married in April and is preggo...due in August. It's amazing, it just seems like a couple months ago we were running around the streets of Ellensburg! Now shes on the road to being a wife and mom, and I'm headed out of the country.

Yesterday I had the delight of hanging out with Laura-friends since 4th grade, and even got to see her mom and dad, which was great. I have been close to them over the years, but we realized we actually hadn't seen each other in over three years! Much too long of a time to go without spending some time together. They were so excited for me and supportive of everything I am planning to do-they are such wonderful people. They also gave me the name of someone who lives in Malaysia who I should look up while I'm over there, he may have some great volunteer opportunities for me.

Stopped by REI yesterday and got a few things for traveling. Some insect repellent, sunscreen, little 3 oz. bottles for soap and such. There is so much more I need, but I'm told some of it is smart to get in the country.

I fly out to Kona in 8 days! I can't believe how soon that is!!! So excited to spend some time with Lesly...oh and the sun! I'm so sick of winter!!

Be in touch soon!

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment